Content Strategy Manager
@ Helix Education
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, marketing, advertising or related field.
- 4+ years of professional writing experience, ideally in an in-house, non-profit, higher education or marketing agency setting.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills with ability to write for different audiences, channels, tones and styles.
- Production of error-free copy under tight deadlines.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Outstanding command of English grammar.
- Nit-picky organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient.
- Grace in giving and receiving criticism and feedback.
- Ability to think creatively and balance priorities in a constantly changing environment.
- Familiarity with presentation platforms such as Microsoft PowerPoint or similar.
- Experience working with website content and content management systems.
- Experience writing for business social media accounts.
- Proficiency with collaborative, web-based word processing platforms.
- Understanding of organic search engine optimization, including creation and optimization of titles, meta descriptions, and keyword inclusion.
- Experience developing information architecture for business websites.
- Experience analyzing, testing, and optimizing web content to improve user experience.
- Experience with social media content strategy, including organic and boosted campaigns.
- Comfortable reviewing and editing others’ work and giving timely and constructive feedback to copywriters and designers.
- Comfortable presenting findings to high-level stakeholders.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop content strategies and successfully executing on them:
- Perform research for writing projects via internet, one-to-one interviews, and other resources.
- Recommend ways to reach the right audience(s) with content. Understand the landscape of outlets that publish content, including bylines, blog posts, emails and social media, and readily discern what topic would be appropriate for which outlet and content format.
- In partnership with Director of Content Strategy, lead groups of people through the content strategy evaluation process.
- Create and present content and editorial plans for cross-media communications.
- Write original content for a variety of marketing communication materials:
- Web pages
- Social media postings
- Advertising copy
- Research articles
- Email campaigns
- Coordinate with fellow content professionals in identifying and obtaining information needed to carry out assignments.
- Edit, copyedit and proofread for accuracy and consistency:
- Understand, adhere to, and champion both AP Style and Helix Education Style
- Assist with copy editing and related to the production of external-facing documents, including proposals, reports, and presentations.
- Identify ways to improve any type of writing in terms of structure, clarity, concision, tone and the strength of its content.
- Work with fellow content and marketing professionals to fine-tune concepts into effective and practical marketing campaigns.
We're not accepting applications from agencies.