Digital States Campaigns Director
@ Everytown for Gun Safety
This is a great opportunity for a seasoned digital strategist to join a rapidly growing team of digital content, technology and campaign experts. Here are the five primary areas of proficiency required to excel at this position:
- Strategist: Help write the next chapter of digital organizing excellence for our organization, our movement, and our industry.
- Manager: Oversee and mentor a staff of 2-4 digital campaigners, coordinate with in-house social media, design, and development staff, and manage external vendors.- *Liaison:* Collaborate closely with members of the State Affairs, Political, Organizing, and Communications teams to design and execute winning campaigns.
- Writer: Draft riveting email and social media copy that tells the story of gun violence and inspires our 3+ million grassroots supporters to take action.
- Tech Wizard: Maximize the use of our existing technology set and continually assess new products or tools that can help us meet our goals.
- You’ll oversee the entire state legislative, ballot and electoral digital operation.
- Ensure the high-quality execution of all digital assets across email, social channels, SMS, and in branding and design work.
- Assist with efforts to create and execute testing priorities for direct response program with support of the analytics team.
- Build relationships with other partner groups to amplify Everytown and Moms Demand Action’s online and offline organizing work.
- Report on grassroots email campaign results with support of the analytics team.
- Manage paid advertising budget for multiple state and national campaigns.
- You’ve got 5-8 years of experience running grassroots digital campaigns or email program(s) for non-profits or political campaigns.
- Degree in Journalism, English, Political Science or related field is a plus.
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, campaign-like environment within a growing, diverse team.
- Exceptional ability to write creatively, copy-edit, and proofread in a rapid response environment.
- Eagerness to explore new tactics and engage with partners and other leaders in the space.
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- Experience constructing and check listing HTML emails and using mass mailer software (bonus if ActionKit).
- Experience constructing and troubleshooting simple CMS-driven webpages.
- Strong comfort level with digital analytics and email metrics.
Additional notes or requirements
Please note: we verify information provided in the application process, including education.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of Everytown as an organization and vital to its success.
We're not accepting applications from agencies.