Inbound Marketing Manager
Datica is adding the next important position to its marketing team. You will play a key role over the next 18 months as Datica transitions from a discovery-oriented startup to a business scaling product-market fit. This team member will have a chance to make significant impact on Datica's growth through sole ownership of major inbound programs, such as SEM/advertising, lead qualification/scoring, lead nurturing, and segmented email marketing.
- Have experience working on the front-end of the Inbound funnel
- Know marketing automation tools (we use HubSpot) inside-and-out
- Love the left-brained side of marketing that SEM requires
- Feel confident in your ability to quickly become an expert on HIPAA compliance and cloud infrastructure
Then we want to talk to you.
Datica is the platform for digital health success. We remove the burden of HIPAA in the cloud by managing the industry’s most secure compliance layer on top of public clouds like AWS and Azure. Technology teams turn to us to help ensure compliance does not slow down their development across any use case, like hosting their apps or integrating with Electronic Health Records, to name a few. Datica revels in doing the hard, messy infrastructure work paralyzing most of healthcare today. We find the staid sexy and the mundane motivating because owning it will be the single biggest reason healthcare technology finally advances beyond the dark ages and into the cloud era.
You will be joining a tight but small marketing team of three. As the newest member, you will own the next major build out of the marketing team and work alongside committed industry veterans:
Marcia Noyes has 30 years experience in healthcare communications. As manager of our communications, we trust Marcia to communicate Datica's story to media outlets, tell customer stories, and manage our entire event strategy.
Throughout my career, I’ve never worked for a company that added so much to my life. Having the opportunity to collaborate with incredibly smart people, yet ones who have such humility is simply refreshing. The team at Datica, and especially the marketing team, is consistently pushing for superiority in the marketplace and we have great fun making that happen. ~Marcia N.
Working for Datica is like being part of a big, supportive, happy family. The leadership team and employees really care about each other, our customers, and the growth of the company. Our success in the market is a direct result of that supportive culture. I love the perfect balance between collaboration and autonomy I get as part of the marketing team and truly enjoy the work we do. ~Laleh H.
Marketing exists to service our sales team—our internal customer—and this role will play a part by delivering qualified leads to an inbound sales team through demand generation style programs that you will have the chance to shape as you see fit.
1. The primary immediate responsibility of this role is to own the entirety of the upper half of the inbound funnel. This means reviewing new conversions inside of HubSpot and scoring them. The key metric this role will be measured by is delivered MQLs to sales on a monthly basis.
2. Supplemental marketing automation responsibilities include lead nurturing and segmented email marketing.
3. Our social media presence has been managed ad hoc to date. This role has the opportunity to own it and consider it a part of demand generation.
4. Eventually this role will be responsible for search engine marketing and digital advertising. This will be a core responsibility once that program is up and running. SEM will be a key part of Datica’s 2018 marketing strategy.
5. Because we are still a small team, this role will have an opportunity to be involved in several different types of demand generation flavors, such as segmented promotional communications to existing customers.
Additional notes or requirements
- At least 5 years experience working in a digital marketing role.
- Familiarity with marketing automation tools (e.g. HubSpot).
- Experience with SEM, from designing the program to executing it to reporting on its outcomes.
- Seattle preferred, but remote is totally cool for the right candidate.
- You’re a high-performer with proven success testing and executing customer acquisition campaigns across multiple channels.
- You can write compelling demand generation copy.
- You can design and execute all aspects of a nurture campaign; top, middle, or bottom of funnel.
- You are comfortable defining and measuring achievement of campaign objectives.
- You have experience with account-based marketing channels and tools.
- You’re an ace at A/B testing landing pages, email assets, and automated workflows to support the execution of campaigns.
- You have experience marketing to technical buyers (developers, IT).
- You can become an expert on HIPAA, healthcare data standards, and cloud infrastructure within your first two months. (We’ll help you.)
To apply you are also required to have the following HubSpot certifications:
If you don't have these certification go to the HubSpot Academy and get started!
We're not accepting applications from agencies.